How TikTok Can Help Your Small Business Grow
TikTok currently has over a billion monthly active users and is quickly becoming one of the world’s most popular social media platforms! And while its massive number of users is reason enough for businesses to use the platform, there’s an even bigger reason. TikTok users spend around $110 million per month, making it the top-grossing non-gaming app.
TikTok provides a unique opportunity for small businesses to increase brand recognition and organically reach a wider audience. TikTok is a marketing goldmine whose algorithm favors businesses that use visually appealing content, hashtags, and trending music. You may feel apprehensive about learning a new social media platform, but the freedom of this creative app and its unique algorithm means that users can become successful (literally) overnight.
Top 5 Reasons to Use TikTok for Your Business
TikTok’s popularity is growing daily and is showing no signs of slowing down. Over the last two years, TikTok has become the go-to platform for small and medium-sized businesses. According to a Capterra survey of 164 restaurant and retail businesses, 78% of the small businesses who use it have seen a positive return on investment from the app. And 49% of TikTok users say it influenced their purchasing decisions. That’s why it’s setting the stage to become a powerful tool that businesses can no longer ignore.
1. Increase Conversion Rate
TikTok is popular because the platform’s relatable and creative content appeals to users of all ages. TikTok for small businesses is can help you organically reach a larger audience and increase your conversion rate.
How? You can instantly attract and engage the viewer's attention by creatively showcasing your products and services. Use short, concise, and creative videos about your product or service that will grab people’s attention. Then encourage them to check out, sign up, etc. A TikTok study found that you can increase conversion by 152% by adding Calls to Action (CTAs) in your videos.
2. Connects You to Millennials
Millennials currently comprise 31% of TikTok users, however, they are the fastest-growing age group on the app. According to a TikTok study, 37% of TikTok users immediately try to buy a product when they discover it. And they're interested in brands that create interesting and engaging content for their company.
Your business can reach a new audience and build brand awareness by creating entertaining, informative, and creative videos.
3. Make Your Marketing Look and Feel Organic
TikTok for business marketing doesn’t look or feel like marketing because it has a different content vibe. Why? Traditional marketing techniques don’t work with TikTok users because they prefer to avoid advertisements.
So, to be successful on TikTok, you need to find less invasive techniques that grab the attention of your target audience with engaging content. TikTok is all about incorporating your brand into creative and compelling stories.
4. Engage With Your Audience
An invaluable element of your TikTok marketing strategy is interacting with your audience. You’ll continue to grow your audience as you look for new ways to engage with them.
On average, TikTok users spend about 95 minutes on the app daily, giving you a perfect opportunity to reach and engage with them.
5. The Potential to Go Viral
The TikTok algorithm doesn’t consider how many followers users have when distributing videos, so business accounts can potentially go viral with very few followers. According to Capterra’s data, “At least one in 10 small businesses using TikTok has gone viral on the app.” Millions of views are within reach for businesses that create great content and build on popular trends. TikTok’s algorithm suggests similar videos based on what user’s like and who they follow. It recognizes their tastes and preferences and cultivates related videos that appear on users’ “For You” page.
Tips to Go Viral on TikTok:
- Know your keywords – Unlike other apps, hashtags aren't essential on TikTok, making your spoken and written keywords crucial to your video's success.
- Include trending music and sounds – You’ll improve your chances of getting noticed by TikTok’s algorithm and landing on users’ “For You” pages if you include trending music and sounds in your videos.
- Include hashtag challenges – Including hashtag challenges inspired by the current trend is another great way to go viral and engage with larger audiences.
- Make share-worthy content – This is one of the most crucial factors in going viral on TikTok.
Here are 3 types of content that compel people to share with their friends and followers:
- Funny/entertaining – Everyone loves tagging friends in memes and sending funny videos.
- Inspirational – If you can inspire someone enough to want to change their life or behavior, they’re likely to share it with others. Show your audience how to improve their health/life/looks, solve a problem, or something they need to enrich their lives.
- Educational – #LearnOnTikTok is a popular hashtag. What can you teach someone? If it’s interesting or unique, people will want to share it.
Read More: How TikTok Helped 4 Small Businesses
TikTok is considered one of the most popular social media platforms. It can be a powerful marketing tool to grow brand awareness, sell products, and engage with your target audience.
So, what are you waiting for? Start creating some fun and compelling videos and see what kind of impact TikTok can have on the success of your business! If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the latest digital marketing trends, contact Impact Group Marketing today. We’d love to help with your marketing needs so that you can focus on your business.